Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Blonde Chili


Okay, so I got a recipe from my mother a couple of weeks ago that she got from a friend. I can't believe I waited so long to make it! This has to be one of the best recipes I have tried! This is truly DELICIOUS! I promise, you will want to try this. It kind of tastes like Chicken Tortilla Soup. Mmmmmmm, it's good. And as always, I have figured out the Weight Watchers Points! :) Here it is:

Blonde Chili
WW Points: 5 per 1c. serving

1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 ½ lbs. cooked chicken, cut up
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
3 cans (16 oz each) Great Northern beans, undrained
1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies, undrained
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder

Monterey Jack Cheese
Tortilla Chips

To start, boil the chicken until thoroughly cooked. Chop and set aside. I used my handy-dandy chopper from Pampered Chef. That thing ROCKS! I also used it for the onion. In soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Heat chicken in oil with salt and pepper. Add onion and garlic and cook 3-4 minutes or until the onion is tender. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until chili thickens. Serve with Jack cheese and Tortilla Chips.


I was able to get 7 - 1 cup servings out of this. That makes it 5 (FIVE!!! Woo-hoo!) WW points per serving! :)

Cheese and chips are, of course, extra. If you don't like baked chips or low-fat cheese, this is the time to try them because you crumble them in your chili (or I do anyway). I used Baked Tostitos Scoops and low-fat Colby Jack Cheese. Baked Tostitos are yummy if you haven't tried them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment