Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Subway, Eat Fresh...Even For Breakfast?


Yep, Subway is doing breakfast proud! I visited my local Subway Wednesday (I go there every Wednesday...they know what I want when I walk in! How sad is that??? Haha) and the girl who usually makes my sandwich tells me they have breakfast now. "Very cool," I think to myself, but wonder if it's actually any good? As if she read my mind (Subway girls are good at that) she told me she had tried it and really liked it. Sooo, last Friday I was leaving work (I work 11 p.m. - 7 a.m.), had a few WW points left, and decided to go and try their breakfast. The only thing she told me was not to get it on regular bread (she said it wasn't any good) , but to try it on the flat bread. Okay, no problem! I looked up the nutritional info and found the English muffin breakfast sandwich was by far the lowest in calories and fat (and as we know, that translates into low WW points! Woo-hoo!) so I decided to try one. Let me break it down for you, there are several English muffin sandwiches to choose from...of course, it is Subway, so I'm sure the options are endless. Here are four different ones that are fairly low in points:

Black Forest Ham, Egg White, and Cheese Muffin Melt: Calories 160 Fat 4 Fiber 5 = 2 WW points

Black Forest Ham, Egg, and Cheese Muffin Melt: Calories 180 Fat 7 Fiber 5 = 3 WW points

Double Bacon, Egg White, and Cheese Muffin Melt: Calories 190 Fat 7 Fiber 5 = 4 WW points

Double Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Muffin Melt: Calories 220 Fat 10 Fiber 5 = 4 WW points

Now, don't be fooled into thinking it's all low-fat, low-calories. If you get the same ingredients on a 6" sub, you can end up spending over twice the calories and fat! For example, the 6" Double Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Omelet Sandwich has a whopping 520 calories and 25 grams of fat (12 WW points!!! Yikes!) As always, make sure and know what you are getting ahead of time, better to plan ahead then to be sorry later!

Soooo, how does the sandwich actually taste? Surprisingly very good! The English muffin had kind of a weird smell to it, but it was still very tasty. And of course for you veggie lovers out there, you can add point free items such as peppers and tomatoes. I enjoyed it and would give it 4 out of 5 stars if I had some kind of fancy rating system (how do you get one of those anyway?). Haha!

Okay, well I hope this helps someone make a smarter breakfast decision. Next time I will be brave and try the Egg White Muffin Melt. I mean come on, breakfast for 2 points??? You can't beat that with a stick! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kat...I saw your site and I have a website I'd like to recommend to you:
    http://www.dwlz.com/
    She's catalogued the WW points on TONS of food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you PatchworkGirl! I have actually used DWLZ many times, but I haven't in awhile and kind of forgot it was there to help me! Thanks so much for the reminder! It truly is a very helpful site! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, I'm TOTALLY going to Subway tomorrow for breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete