Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Brunch Casserole


Okay, so I took one of my Grandma Hensley's recipes (one of my favorites) and lightened it up a bit. I can't tell you the calories or fat, but I lowered it from 7 WW points a serving to 4 WW points a serving, almost cut in half. The best part...it tastes EXACTLY the same. You will love this if you make it! Here is the recipe.

Grandma's Brunch Casserole
Servings: 12 WW Points: 4

6 slices of fresh bread (I used white sandwich bread)
1 lb. sausage (Here is where I made a change, I used light sausage, it's about half the fat and calories)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used 2% cheese, but I did increase to 1 1/2 cups. I looove cheese)
4 eggs (another change, I used 1 cup of Egg Beaters)
2 cups milk (I used 1%, I bet Skim would taste no different)
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. salt

Brown and drain sausage. Layer in casserole dish bread (pinched in pieces), cheese, and sausage. Mix eggs, dry mustard, salt, and milk. Pour over casserole and let sit overnight (or all day while at work). Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

That's it! It's SUPER easy and SUPER tasty!!! I could not tell a difference in the full fat version verses the lighter version and neither could Joe. I made some blueberry muffins and was going to make a fruit salad, but the strawberries were so yummy, we just had strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment