Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

How Ridiculous Do My Feet Look Right Now?


Raise your hand if you agree! Don't worry, I'll turn my head so I won't see! Haha! There are so many things I don't like about these shoes. First of all, I'm not a fan of white shoes. I'm not a white shoe hater, so don't get upset if you looove them, but they are just not for me. Secondly, I'm just not a fan of wearing glitter on my tennis shoes. Yes, I have flip flops with glitter and maybe even a few shirts that have a little sparkle, but on my tennis shoes? Seriously, I feel like a tween. It takes me back to the days of New Kids On The Block and My Little Ponies. And I have to say, these were the best of the small selection they had. Sigh...


If you don't already know, these are called Shape-ups by Skechers and they are designed to tone your legs when you walk. I must say, I have worn them three times now and I do feel a difference when I walk. As you can see, they have a curvy bottom to them that makes sort of a rocking motion when you walk. They are comfy and you get used to them (even how dumb they look) after awhile. I don't know how much they will "tone" my legs, but they have been around for awhile and have really good reviews, so we will see. I honestly would recommend buying them if you are a serious walker like me (I can't believe I can say that...I'm a SERIOUS walker!!! That's awesome!!!). I have included a link at the bottom of this post for their website where you can look at all of the different styles they have and hopefully find some cuter than mine. I'm just impatient and wanted my Shape-ups RIGHT THEN or I would have ordered them online. They are a bit pricey, but if they do what they say, I think they are worth it. Like I said, we will see. Stay tuned...


3 comments:

  1. Haha that's awesome! My Mom is getting some, she's ordered them online as we have like NO stores locally... Personally I'm looking at the Reebok ones. & Hopefully soon I can call myself a "serious" walker! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, I tried on the Skechers, New Balance, and Reebok versions and the Skechers are the only ones that actualy felt like they were doing anything. The Reebok look better (so much better, lol), but I think the Skechers are the better buy. Try them all on and see what you think! :)
    If you really want to spend some dough, there is a brand called MBT, they are supposed to last a long time (I was told to expect my Skechers to last 6-8 months) and are made of a different material then Skechers that last longer. They are even paid for by insurance companies in Europe I think. So anyway, I may try those next time. I'm gonna do a bit more research! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I currently have the "anti-gravity" shoes by Easy Spirit and love them. In fact, this is my second pair. I'm interested in the Shape Ups, so let us all know how they work out. Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete