Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

I LOVE You People of Zio's!










Ummm, guys...guess what? I have some big news. Okay, so it's big news to me. You may be like, "Eh, I've already heard that." For those of you that haven't though, here goes...

ZIO'S HAS NUTRITIONAL INFO ON THEIR WEBSITE!!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! This is big news people! Most fast food restaurants provide nutritional information, but sit-down restaurants are so much harder to get that information from. Yes, there are those like Olive Garden and Chili's that do, but I have heard from more than one restaurant that they "cannot provide nutritional information because there are too many custom ways to prepare their entrees." What a bunch of hooey! We know it's because you don't want us to know what's actually in there because we might not want to eat it after all. Post the info for how it's prepared and let us worry about the rest.
Anyway, the reason this is such a big deal is because they haven't had their nutritional info up in the past and I love to eat there. My typical order is usually cheese pizza and a side Caesar salad. I've always assumed that was a ton of points, but it's really not that bad. According to their info a side Caesar salad is 5 points and the pepperoni pizza is 13 (they didn't have the info for plain cheese, which of course would be less). Usually I only eat half the pizza, so I am pretty psyched! Even counting the points for the pepperoni pizza (since I don't know how much it is without pepperoni) and doing half that, you are looking at 12 points for a meal out at Zio's! Of course you still have to watch your bread intake, but an entire loaf of their bread is 5 points, so that's still not bad if you have one or two small pieces.
Here's a shocker for you though. In the past I have been known to order Spaghetti and Meatballs. Weeeelll, Zio's Spaghetti and Meatballs has a whopping 1580 calories, 109 grams of fat, and 8 grams of fiber. All that fiber can't help that poor dish out. It has a total of 40 points!

(That thud you heard was me hitting the ground!)

Now mind you, I have never finished a bowl of Spaghetti and Meatballs, but even if I ate half, that's still 20 points! Sheesh! So you can see why nutritional info is so important. I would have never dreamed that would contain so many points.
Okay, well that's it. Stop by http://zios.com/ and have a looksey for yourself. Have a good day and I might just see you at Zio's tonight! :)

2 comments:

  1. Holy macaroni!!! FORTY POINTS???!!! That's INSANE! And you do know you can only count up to 4 fiber grams right? Once it's past 4 it manipulates the true points value. I was sad when I discovered this, but it's the rules!

    Thanks for posting darlin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know, but I guess I understand why. :)

    ReplyDelete