Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pop Tarts - Friend or Foe?


When I woke up today I had a craving for Pop Tarts. I wanted them. They were calling my name. They were IN my pantry. They haven't been there for awhile, but my darling husband asked me to get him some at the store so I did. I walked to the pantry, pulled them out of the box, opened the shiny silver package, placed them in the toaster oven, waited for them to get nice and golden and then ate every last bite. Why am I telling you this? Because I consumed NINE points in the process. Yikes! Was it worth it? Kind of, but I still wouldn't do that on a regular basis. Anyway, in the past I might have said, "Well, this day is ruined!" and then proceed to not count points for that day and possibly the rest of the week. Today however, I just planned around it. And you know what? I call that a victory. I may not get to eat what I want to today, but I will live. Instead of getting a foot long sub at Subway and eating half for dinner now and half later tonight at work, I just got a 6" and will take that to work. I had a very low point dinner to make up for the Pop Tarts. That, in my mind, is half the battle. I think I deserve this praise...GO ME! :) So yes, you can even have Pop Tarts if you plan for it or plan around them.


PS - No, I didn't have Hello Kitty Pop Tarts (how cute is that???), but I couldn't pass up putting that pic up when I found it.

5 comments:

  1. I did that with a blueberry donut! I just planned around it. Good for us!! We may figure this out yet, Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I snuck a french cruller from Dunkin Donuts. I have no idea how many points that is, but I followed it up with just a mixed vegetable salad for dinner and went on about my day. I think if we didn't cheat occasionally we'd never get through it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a long time since I've read your blog. I was thinking about you today because I have an idea for a Birthday gift for someone that I need you to help me with. And when I say, "help", I figure you are pretty sharp and can figure out that "help" being interpreted means "I have an idea and I need you to bring it to fruition"! HA! I'll talk to you more about that later. But for now, I stumbled on this little posting and had to say....I THINK YOU DESERVE A "BRAVO STAR"!!!

    ReplyDelete