Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Lunch Ideas...I Got Nadda.


I am sitting here on my break trying to get my grocery list together for the week. I know what to make for dinner, I know what diet pop I want to buy, some snacks that sound good, but I have no earthly idea what to buy to pack in my lunches. Seriously, I am stuck! I am tired of the same thing and I need some new ideas. Only problem is I am so picky. There are so many things I don't like. I don't like the sandwich or bagel thins (I tried, I really did), I don't like tuna (ick, ick, ick!), yogurt, peppers of any kind, pretty much any frozen dinner, etc. You know, all the stuff that is good for you. So, my question to all you lovely people out there is what do you like to take for lunch? Help a sister out here! If you read my blog, but don't have an account to leave comments and you have a suggestion I would love to hear it! :) You can send me an email at KatConquersTheWorld@yahoo.com.


Oh, and those Progresso 0-1 point soups? Notsomuch...

Praying for a great week for us all,
Kat :)

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite lunches that may fit your tastes:
    1 slice regular bread (those diet breads - not for me) toasted & spread with mustard

    Light thinly sliced ham from deli counter

    1 serving of Lay's fat free chips

    Celery, radishes, whatever fresh veggies on hand

    Glass of Crystal Light lemonade.

    Lots of textures and it takes time to eat. Always filling.

    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. Huh. Well, try my yogurt recipe. Trust me. And, it will work for breakfast or lunch :)
    For lunch I have a bagel thin with lettuce, tomato, mayo, and honey roasted turkey. A have a couple of fritos - A COUPLE! And every day I have an apple and a banana. But, if you don't like those things, try this: I used to work with a woman that would take 3 pieces of celery and put a bit of peanut butter inside then wrap them in turkey. She loved them! And she would also have a sugar free pudding cup, some fat free milk, and a salad.

    But, basically I agree with Vicky, it's all about the textures and flavors. No matter what you eat vary it up every day, at every meal. Add in flavors like sugar free lime jello ( i have a great recipe), some crunch like almonds paired with something smooth like a banana. As my favorite blogger would say, "whatever makes your skirt fly up".

    ReplyDelete