Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Snack-Ack-Acking


I have a confession.


I LOVE food! (I feel ya Garfield)


Ya'll still with me?


Hello???


Oh, phew! I thought I might clear out the room with that confession. I do, I love food, I love to eat...mmm, mmm, mmmmmm! I mean, hello, I got this way somehow! And you know what, it's okay to love food, we are programed to love food, it's just how much we love it that matters. Obviously we should eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but what about that pesky little "S" word. You know the one (and no, I'm not a cuss-er). SNACK. I love to snack too. My problem in the past has always been snacking on the wrong things. Do I want to divulge what a normal snack in the past has been? No, I do not, but let me tell ya, it wasn't pretty.
Since I joined Weight Watchers though, I have learned a lot about healthy snacking. There are so many options out there that don't include reaching for that bag of chips and mindlessly munching. Can you have those coveted chips if you want? Sure, you can have whatever you want, but you will find as you go that sometimes it's just not worth it. We all have our food hang-ups, those things that call our name as we walk past. The best defense, don't, do not, I repeat DO NOT keep them in your house. If they are there, you will eat them. Case in point, I love sweet potato chips...love, love, LOVE them. I can sit down and do some of that mindless munching and realize half the bag is gone before I know it. Recently I brought some of those delicious chips into my home thinking I could control myself. Ummm...yeah, not such a great idea. Does that mean I will never again taste the goodness that is sweet potato chips? No, but like I said, it's just not worth it right now. And you know what, I don't really even think about them that much.
Successful snacking is all about finding the right foods and I hope to help you do that. There are so many options like the very successful 100 calorie packs (all about the portion control), fruits and veggies, baked chips, light cheeses, the list goes on and on. Today, for example, I woke up hungry and with a major case of the munchies. Today would have been a bad day to have tempting, high-calorie foods in my home. I searched, I scoured, I rummaged and I came up with a yummy snack that I enjoyed thoroughly. I had 8 saltine crackers, a pack of Mt. Olive mini sweet pickles (only 74 calories!!!), and a piece of Weight Watchers light string cheese. Total points spent = 4. Not bad, not bad.
So, what are some snacks that you like to have that are low in points/calories? I plan to start trying to post more Successful Snacks on here and I would looove your input.
PS - You can click on the picture to make it larger so you can actually read it. It's pretty cute! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yoplait Delights Parfait Creme Carmel lowfat yogurt mixed with one cup of Multigrain Cheerios. Great nutrition, satisfies my sweet cravings, all for 210 calories. I'm not sure how that works in WW points, but it fits into the diet the doctor has me on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ranch Fiesta dip seasoning combined with light sour cream served with fresh veggies. Very good and satisfying.

    WW 1 point chocolate caramel snacks.

    And if I'm entirely truthful, I still enjoy 1/2 to 1 cup of dry sweetened cereal (1-2 points). It's been my favorite snack for years.

    ReplyDelete