Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Have Your Crepes and Eat Them Too!

I'm going to show you how you can have even something as yummy and sinfully delicious as this even on Weight Watchers. People call these things crepes. Chrissy and I call them French Pancakes. Joe calls them Enchilada Pancakes (hahah...really???). Whatever you call them, they are sooo good! Chrissy, my pal, makes them for me in the mornings sometimes and I love going over there for some chick chat and crepes. So, this recipe really comes from her (everyone say, "Thank you Chrissy!"). Anyway, after I started doing Weight Watchers she invited me over one morning for crepes and I was like, "Eeeek, I bet those are loaded with points!" I went and had her read me off the ingredients and plugged them into my handy-dandy recipe builder on http://www.weightwatchers.com/. You do have to have a subscription to eTools to use this. I was shocked that I could actually have them without ruining my points. So as always, I have taken the recipe and twisted it a little to shave off even more points. Here is my lightened up version of Chrissy's French Pancakes. I really didn't change much, but I got them down to THREE points a piece! Woo-hoo!!!

Chrissy's French Pancakes
Points per serving: 3

1 cup of flour
4 eggs
2 tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 cups milk (you can use 1% or 2% for this one, the points stay the same)


















Okay, so the next part is pretty simple indeed. Mix all the ingredients! Wah-lah!


















I usually let that sit in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes to get the ingredients all good and combined. While we are waiting, lets cut up some fruit for our side. Healthy and delicious!

















Okay, now it's time to cook the crepes. Make sure your pan is nice and hot and sprayed with some cooking spray. I also opted for a couple of sprays of butter spray at the last second before I put in the batter for a little extra flavor. This is really where I cut most of the points, I took out the butter you would normally use and used the cooking and butter sprays instead.























When pouring the batter into the pan, you just want to make a very thin layer, these are very thin. They also cook very fast, no longer than about 30 seconds on each side. Of course every stove is different and depending on your heat level (mine was on pretty high). Just make sure you watch your crepe closely.


















When they are done, take them out of the pan and roll them up like so:

















Yes, I am aware this is why my darling husband calls them Enchilada Pancakes. Haha! :)


I sprinkle them with a little powdered sugar and serve with warm syrup. Of course you can fill them with fruit or whatever, but I like them with just syrup. Here is the most important part. If you can handle it, use sugar-free. It tastes almost as good, but when you realize that a serving of regular syrup has 220 calories and sugar-free syrup has 20, it should be no contest. 1/4 cup of sugar-free syrup is a point free food! Yippee!!!

I love you Mrs. Buttersworth!























So, there you have it...yummy, easy, and surprisingly, not that high in points. Now the points value depends on how many crepes you are able to make. I was able to get 7 out of my batch which is one of the reasons they were only 3 points a piece. I made them a bit smaller and thinner, but I was able to have three instead of two...at least it made me feel like I was getting more! :)

My brilliant friend Jenn included the a pic of the Weight Watcher recipe builder in one of her posts, so I am going to do the same thing! Here you go:
Happy Eating!!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Kat! Delish! I can't wait to make some of these this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay those sound sooooo good. I always thought crepes (or creepy's as Jeff calls them) were hard to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would think so, but they are super easy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Opt for egg beaters and you'll cut the calories even more. You can't tell any difference when you use them in cooking instead of regular eggs.Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Egg Beaters for baking and will probably try them next time, but I was a bit worried since this is a very egg heavy dish. I checked though and it brings them down to 2 points a piece! :)

    ReplyDelete