Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Jammin', I Be Jammin'


I love music, as I have previously mentioned. I also love (we are talkin' serious love here) Rhapsody. I'm not really sure what I did without Rhapsody in my life. Rhapsody, you complete me!!! I am constantly in need of new music, and this feeds my addiction. :) Okay, so what is Rhapsody you ask? Rhapsody is an online music library that pretty much has every song you can ever think of. Yes, there are some exceptions (but they are pretty much the same people you can't buy from iTunes, i.e. Garth Brooks), but honestly they have just about everyone! From the super popular to the super obscure, they have it all. And you can listen to it over and over again (and over and over and over...I have worn out Glee Vol. 3). You can make as many playlists as you want so you can go directly to what you want to hear. Right now I have 33 playlists and I know that number will keep growing. There are several ways to listen, but I will tell you about the two I use. First of all if I am on my pretty red laptop, I can listen as I blog, surf the Internet, or waste my life away on Facebook (as my husband would say). But my absolute favorite feature and the reason I love it so, is I can listen to it on my iPhone (Eeeeeee!!!). How cool is that? And my super-duper wonderful husband has installed a way for me to listen to my iPhone in both of our cars, so now I can listen to Rhapsody in my car as well! And let me tell you, it sounds good! It doesn't sound like streaming music at all! I listen to Rhapsody at work (I am blessed to have a job that I can do that at) and when I am on my walks. Speaking of walking, yesterday I needed some inspiration to get through my walk (Oklahoma is RIDICULOUSLY humid right now) and so I typed "cardio" into the search engine, and wah-lah, music for cardio workouts appear! And it just gets better. Say you have an iPhone. Say you have dropped that iPhone on many occasions. Say this iPhone is now extremely temperamental and doesn't like to work on long journeys. Say this same iPhone will NOT work on the way to Dallas while your friend's iPhone is just fine. No Internet on the way to Dallas??? AHHHHH!!! Don't worry, Rhapsody has you covered. You can download as much as you want to your phone so you can listen in situations like that or you can even take Rhapsody on the plane with you, even in airplane mode. Awesome! No, that doesn't mean you own the songs and can rip them, you still have to use their app, but come on, how cool is that really? So, how much does it cost? Only $9.99 a month! I...just...love...it! So, if you are like me and you love music, this is for you. My siblings introduced it to me and I am just passing on the love. I promise, you will love it! :)

2 comments:

  1. Every time you talk about this it makes me want to get it. Aaaahhhh!!!! Who uses CD's anymore anyway??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I really do love it though! :)

    ReplyDelete